Instagram

Pages

bg

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Tightwad Tuesday - FOLLOW UP

Follow up to my post below. I have made laundry soap from scratch!


What you need:

16 cups of water
1 bar of soap (I used Ivory)

1 cup baking soda
1 1/2 cups Borax

DIRECTIONS:
Finely grate the bar of soap.
Then bring the 16 cups of water to a boil. Add in soap and whisk constantly until dissolved.



Remove from heat add in baking soda & borax and whisk until dissolved. Let it cool and whisk occasionally over the next 24-48 hours. It will turn into a gel consistency. I have read that it is ok to use before reaching a gel consistency, and I hope it is because I started using it right away :O)

Final product can be placed in any type of storage container with a lid. I would suggest air tight. Makes the entire house smell clean :O). A big thanks again to Lea @ Farmhouse Blessings.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tried your recipe and love it. I was skeptical at first but it worked well. I am not sure how much you will actually save though. But good job! Cassie