Instagram

Pages

bg

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Homemade Christmas Gifts Part I

This year my DH & I are planning to give as many homemade gifts as possible to our family and friends.

I do not like to give anything that I have not tested before hand so in this quest...I have worked on 2 gift ideas that I have made, packaged, and tested. These are both gifts in a jar for easy gifting.

1. M&M Cookies in a Jar
Ingredients for 1 Jar - Ingredients for 12 Jars here
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups M&M-brand chocolate candies
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder





Instructions:
Mix together flour, soda and baking powder. Layer sugar, M&M-brand candies and flour mixture in quart-size canning jars. Pack firmly.





Recipe Instructions (include on gift tag):
Empty jar of cookie mix into mixing bowl; blend thoroughly.
Add 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened, 1 beaten egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Mix until completely blended.
Roll into 1-inch balls, and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 degrees until edges are lightly browned, about 12 to 14 minutes.
Cool on cookie sheet for five minutes, then transfer to wire racks. Makes 2 1/2 dozen cookies.





We followed the very simple directions and made very delicious cookies that were enjoyed by all in our family. They instantly went on our list of gifts to give. I have some SIL that will be getting these yummy treats. I the pictures I have not decorated the jars. I plan on adding fabric and ribbon to the top before giving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really enjoy your blog site. I too have 3 kids, however they are grown since my youngest is 21. I also am a christian. I wish I could have homeschooled my kids too but didn't happen. Thanks for your site.