32 days till Christmas
My favorite cut out cookie recipe!!!
3 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND®
Sweetened Condensed Milk
3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
1 tablespoon vanilla extract Colored sugar sprinkles (optional)
Confectioners' Sugar Glaze(optional):
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, almond extract
or lemon extract
2 tablespoons milk
1 dash food color (optional)
1. In small bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In large bowl, with mixer on low speed, beat sweetened condensed milk, butter, eggs and vanilla until combined. Beat at medium speed for 1 minute, until smooth. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed until combined. (If using portable mixer, use wooden spoon to stir in last portion of flour mixture.)
3. Divide dough into thirds. Wrap and chill dough about 2 hours or until easy to handle.
4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On lightly floured surface, roll out dough, one portion at a time, to 1/8-inch thickness; cut with floured cookie cutters. Reroll as necessary to use all dough. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar (optional).
5. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until very lightly browned around the edges (do not overbake). Cool. Glaze and decorate as desired. Store loosely covered at room temperature.
6. Confectioners' Sugar Glaze (optional): Combine confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract, almond extract or lemon extract. Stir in enough milk to make glaze consistency. Tint with food coloring (optional).
This recipe comes from All Recipes . com .....I love that site and this is the recipe that we reach for every year!!