Instagram

Pages

bg

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Make It Yourself Homemade Vanilla

This past September 2009 I made Homemade Vanilla. This really made the best Vanilla I have ever used!

What I started with:

  • 24+ organic Tahitian vanilla beans (ordered from a vendor on Ebay see my link below)

  • 15 4oz clear Boston Round Bottles (see link below to order)

  • Large Bottle of Svedka Vodka - recommended by others online.

  • Funnel

  • Measuring Cup
  • Knife or Kitchen Scissors
First I gathered all my items.

Next I washed and air dried all my bottles and lids.Cut the vanilla beans length wise, then cut into approximately 3 sections to place into the bottles.
Place 6 cut pieces of vanilla beans into the bottles.Measure 1/2 cup of Vodka.
Use the funnel to pour into each bottle.

After the bottles are all filled I placed the lids on each bottle.


Placed them into a card board box closed the lid and placed into a cool dark place (my closet) and left until March 2010 (6 full months)

Removed and started using!! Great Stuff and smells so GOOD!!! This would make a wonderful Christmas Gift. It would work out great if you started in June or maybe save for Christmas in JULY as a make ahead gift.

Supplies Used :

Vanilla Beans came from HERE

Glass Bottles came from HERE

No comments: