Instagram

Pages

bg

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mission for my Family


As homeschoolers we are often expected to write down our missions. Which is of course helpful. Goals are always important. So I am diligently working to record my ideas into my notebook. We have our homeschool convention coming up the first of May, and I am so excited. This will be the first year we have attended as a family (Jackson will not be going this year he will be at Granny's).

So a planning I must go. I am making notes of speakers I would like to hear, curriculum that I would like to get my hands on, and books that I would like to score during the used book sale!!! I am so excited.

My main mission for next year really starts this summer. Thats right with out my children knowing I plan to keep the learning going through the summer. Both Allison and Jackson love to read, so that is no problem. I plan to work with Jackson and Allison keeping their math skills polished by using games, cooking, and anything else I can think of. I want to also work on art with them. Looking at an artist and then trying a few projects ourselves!

Yes my mission is to keep learning going - no new concept to many homeschoolersUnfortunately after allowing my children to go back to public school this year - yanking Allison out of public school to homeschool again my views on alot of things have changed. SO I will keep learning going - homeschool style and not care one iota if it matches anyone elses ideas of what we should be doing :O)

No comments: