Instagram

Pages

bg

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Raising a Homemaker

I have been teaching Allison things that she will need to know when she is blessed with a husband, home and family of her own to care for.  When I married I was not very prepared for what would come as a homemaker.  I never really enjoyed cooking with my mother or my grandmother...mostly because I was such a picky eater so why learn to cook what I wasn't going to eat right? 

 When I married Jonathan I found out he wasn't quiet as picky as me and much to my surprise he expected me to cook.  Needless to say we lived on Hamburger Helper for a long long time.  

Not wanting Allison and her husband to fall into the Hamburger Helper trap and the fact that Allison has really shown an interest in cooking lately.  So we have been slowly working on teaching her to follow a recipe and cook a meal for our family.  I plan in the near future to have her working on a recipe book for her hope chest.  The point of this post is to share the creation she cooked for us last night.  
Ravioli Casserole. 
1lb hamburger meat browned
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
1 pkg frozen cheese ravioli's

In a 9X11 pan spread out 6 oz of spaghetti sauce and place 12 ravioli's on the bottom of a pan.  Top ravioli's with 13oz of spaghetti sauce, 1/2 of cooked meat, and 1/2 of the cheese.  Then add another layer of ravioli's on top and repeat with the remaining sauce, meat, and cheese.  Bake at 375 for 45 minutes. Let it set 5 minutes before serving.  
And let me assure you it was delicious.
You could also use spinach ravioli, but Sam's was out so we got the cheese kind instead.

Blessings, 
Lisa Marie

No comments: