Instagram

Pages

bg

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Easy Pizza Dough Recipe

I love to make homemade pizza with my family. Everyone can help pick the toppings or the amount of sauce/cheese they want on the pizza. Jennifer over @ Homekeeping Heart has the best recipe I have seen. Check her blog out here : http://www.xanga.com/homekeepingheart/640469284/ideas-for-your-pizza-night.html



Recipe :
1 pk Yeast
1/4 tsp sugar
3/4 cup warm water
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt




Dissolve yeast & sugar in warm water. Allow it to rest for 8 minutes.
In a separate bowl combine flour & salt. After 8 minutes pour the yeast mixture over the flour mixture and mix well. (I also add about 1/2 tsp of garlic powder to the salt & flour for my family's taste.. you can play with the recipe and see what you can create).
Turn dough onto floured surface & knead for about 2 minutes.
Makes 12 inch circle.

Bake @ 500 degrees for 8-12 minutes.

The dough cooks up perfectly ever time. My family enjoys pizza night and we now have a set pizza dough recipe. The picture above is our peperoni extra extra cheese pizza before it is cooked. I keep meaning to take the after pictures but we gobble it down so fast that I always forget. HUGE THANKS & HUGS to JENNIFER - Please y'all visit her site.


4 comments:

homelover2 said...

So glad you enjoy the recipe. We eat it every Friday! I also make breadsticks out of it. I bake the dough plain, then when it comes out I spread on some butter and sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. They are so good!

Christy said...

Hi Lisa,
I should try to make some homemade pizza. I always envisioned it to be such a huge task, but I might be up to give it a try. That recipe sounds super easy!

Blessings,
Christy

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT

Shelly said...

I make this dough too. I have made it so many times that I do not follow a recipe and adjust to how many pizza's I need without measuring now. Woohooo! yes, everyone does love the homemade pizza better than some others.