Instagram

Pages

bg

Friday, April 11, 2008

Friday WOO WHO

Update on our quest to save money: JON sold a TV we had for our yard sale (hopefully we will have this weekend if it does not rain) at work for $20. We made a total of $106 on Ebay before our fees and should net around $90 this is minus our fees for the auctions and the new item fees for the items I just listed and the fees paypal charges for payments. So we have started.

In addition to saving money I would like to save time, so this weekend I am planning to do a little cooking and freezing. I am cooking muffins, pancakes, & peanut butter cookies. This will help with the breakfast rush and provide everyone a better breakfast than cereal & pop tarts. I am also thinking of cooking all my hamburger meat for taco casserole & spaghetti and freezing it for later in the week. This will save me time on food prep. I know so many out there cook once a month or twice a month and just pull out what you need, but I am getting started on this type of thinking and we have several staples that my family eats regularly so I may join you in rank before to long who knows.

This week I have accomplished planning out the end of our homeschool year & decided on which standardized test I will give to ALI at the end of the year. Right now ordering puts us to take the test the first week in JUNE ... bummer.... but at least it is not that far off.

I have already started planning my Christmas list....yes I know Christmas...but if I want to be frugal this year I have to start now. I think there will be lots of homemade items for all :O)

Homemade really is best!!! And our list is LONG....with both families we have to budget for about 20+ gifts, and that is only family. I am starting now so that if anything needs to be made that is not food I can plan and buy materials so that when summer has arrived and the kids have nothing to do I can pull out the Christmas stuff and we can get started. :O)

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I did not have much time for blogging this week but I vow to do better next week. For now I am off to enjoy the outdoors with ALI & JA before it rains.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Christmas planning this early makes my head hurt, but I can see where it would be beneficial. Good Luck at your yardsale!!

Vicki