Instagram

Pages

bg

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Our Homeschool Classroom






This is our homeschool classroom / dining room. When we first started to homeschool I set up this nice little classroom downstairs away from the rest of the main flow of the home so that it would be quiet and we could think. Both ALI & I agree that we do not like quiet and we do not like to be OUT of the main flow of things so we started homeschooling in the dining room. We have our kitchen directly beside us for a quick snack and the living room and JA's room so that he can sit with us or play and not be too far out of reach.

I needed a white board to white on and our dining room just did not allow for one, so I found out that my mirror will double as a white board. From the pictures it looks hard to read but you can really read the material well in person. Sorry for the bad pictures I just could not find the correct angle. JA as you can see often joins us at the table with his crayons to do school like his big sister ALI.
Thanks for taking a peak inside our homeschool classroom. Where do you guys have homeschool?

3 comments:

Christy said...

Ok, can I just say that I LOVE your dinning room table! How beautiful! I really need a new one, but I think I would be nervous to get cloth seats. Your table is beautiful though ;-)

Blessings,
Christy

Anonymous said...

We have the same table as you. Small world!

Vicky Ann said...

I also have that same table. When I bought it I had a piece of glass made to fit over the top to protect it from little people. When I started homeschooling I found that sliding a piece of poster board under the glass turned it into an instant white board. The marker wiped right off the glass. A white table cloth would also work well if you didn't want to keep removing and replacing the poster board everyday.