Instagram

Pages

bg

Friday, May 9, 2008

Merry Christmas in May


I am joining up with the Rudolph Club to help keep Christmas simple in my home. The Rudolph Club is an online club through the link below that has a once a month posting of ways to keep Christmas on track. Planning a little all along so that we can truly keep in the forefront what is important about the season. Remembering why it is called CHRISTmas!! I hope that by planning a little all along that I can keep our home more focused on the "Reason for the Season", and not the last minute rush!

This year we have already decided due to budget that Christmas will be a homemade gift for family and friends. I have tried this in the past and due to poor planning I get too overwhelmed at Christmas to get very many together (if any). A friend of mine here in Blog world advised me to check out a website http://organizedchristmas.com/april-2008-rudolph-club-meeting. That link will take you to the Rudolph Club Meeting for April and you can look around from there. The May meeting will not be until the 25th for obvious reasons.

So this year already I have started planning my Christmas letter (a first for me - we usually send the generic cards), also I have figured out which items I will be making and will be starting those soon and trying out the recipes. Jon and I have planned our budget and will try hard to stick too it! Last year we did really well and did not go over!!!

I do truly love the holidays ... the time from just before Thanksgiving until after Christmas are my favorite albeit busy time of the year. That is why I think this is such a great idea the Rudolph Club. Dedicating one day a month the 25th to work toward an easier Holiday season. I will update our progress monthly until the big day. For now I just want to wish everyone a MERRY MAY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: