Instagram

Pages

bg

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Small scare this week! I felt like Johnny the Fireman, but I don't know if I did as well as he would!

After bringing in the groceries and the mail, I placed a box on the stove top. I had not been home and assumed that the stove was off. Guess what...My dd LU had cooked recently and instead of turning off the stove she switched it to low. We have a gas stove and with the ceiling fan on I could not even tell it was on or warm. You can guess the rest.

I placed the box on top and it slowly started to burn. I left the kitchen. I was suppose to go outside and work on a tree I was planting, but by the Grace of God I had received homeschool curriculum magazine and sat down to look at it. With in about 15 min I smell what I thought was matches. Immediately I started checking with LU & ALI to see if they lit a candle or something. I continued to look about the house, because the fan was on it was sucking any smoke up and I could not even see it in the kitchen, only in the living room. In a small panic at this point I begin shouting for children. Then I catch a glimpse of a smoke puff (literally puff from the stove top - another message from GOD), and I run in the kitchen and pick up the box - Poof FLAMES FLAMES FLAMES. I quickly grabbed the burning box and ran out of the kitchen door and threw the box off our deck. Of course grass catches on fire but I quickly put it out with the hose.

The box took a while to catch on fire because inside was a Styrofoam cube and it was melting instead of burning thank goodness!! Only by the GRACE OF GOD did I stay inside ... only by the GRACE OF GOD did I see the puff of smoke in time!! This is why I am so thankful this Thursday!! We are all safe, our home is not damaged, the grass will grow back!

Thank You God!!

7 comments:

Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad you have joined us. I praise God for watching over your family this week, He is so awesome.

Peggy said...

Thank Heavens you are with us to tell the story! And all are well!

It's aMazing how God and the Grace of God gives us so much to be Thankful For...Glad you joined the TT list and we'll look forward to more Lisa...Happy a wonderful weekend and Happy Mom's Day! I pray for quick grass growth!!!

i said...

Praise the Lord! It's so good to have God watching over you.

Anonymous said...

The Lord is certainly faithful!

Welcome to TT, hope to see more of your posts.

Nise' said...

Welcome to TT! Praising Him for your protection!

Melanie said...

So glad you joined in on Thankful Thursday this week! Also I am SO VERY glad that you were able to catch that box burning before it became huge! God is such a great God and really protects us, doesn't he?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.