Instagram

Pages

bg

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Banana Nut Bread




This is a recipe that I borrowed from Monica @ the homespun heart . The only thing I changed was that I placed it in 3 smaller pans and it still cooked up wonderfully for me. Thank you Monica!!!


3 1/2 c. flour
1 1/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. oil
4 eggs
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
2 c. mashed banana
walnuts


I dump all the ingredients in my Kitchen Aid and mix it together, adding the nuts last. Divide batter into two loaf pans prepared with cooking spray.

Bake about 55 minutes at 350. ( I used 3 smaller pans so I only baked the bread for about 40 minutes @ 350 )


I am new to baking bread and wanted a recipe that was tried and true. I so enjoy reading Monica's blog and when I saw her recipe that she uses with her family, I thought I would try it ....& I had GREAT results and my family loved it. One loaf was eaten that night, and the next was consumed with breakfast the next day. I had only one loaf to freeze...maybe its time to make another batch...whatch think?



2 comments:

Monica Wilkinson said...

Yeah! I'm so glad your family enjoyed it! :) I made some this morning too!

Anonymous said...

That looks delicious!
I just posted a banana bread recipe, too!

Thanks for dropping by our site!