Instagram

Pages

bg

Monday, June 9, 2008

Homeschool Calendar & Planning

This week I started planning for 4th grade. OMGoodness... I can not believe my little ALI is starting 4th grade and that I am the one teaching her. When she started school that was not the plan, but here we are. I think we both are enjoying it and we are starting our first full year on this journey together.

I have accomplished planning out 8 flexible weeks of spelling and language. I say flexible because face it sometimes we move slowly and sometimes we move like lightening so we need a little flex. I have begun looking at the history we will use but have not planned to much yet.

Our calendar is something else that I have been trying to finalize. ALI and I have talked about starting about 2 weeks before LU goes back to school so that we will have more flex time in the year and still get out about the same time. I went here to Donna Young's Homeschooling Resources for my calendar. Printed off lots of great resources and got to work on marking holidays, birthdays, preplanned flex days that we wanted to take off and then started counting to make sure we met the 180 days required by our lovely school board. We were over by 5 days, so I am keeping those just in case :O). So for now we are set to begin July 21 and end Mid May next year.

With our calendar down and a good start to planning I started looking into things to keep JA busy. One idea for JA is Activity Bags for preschoolers. I received the books this week and can not wait to start putting the bags together.

Well that's all I have so far...and I am off to the enjoy the sunshine at White Water today!

HAPPY MONDAY!!!!

No comments: