Instagram

Pages

bg

Friday, August 26, 2011

Weekly Wrap Up & The Homeschool Mother's Journal













In my life this week… Man this has been a busy week!!! We started taking down our old deck to redo it and build stairs. We went to the zoo (for free) and had a great time. Then we painted the dinning room and kitchen. After that it was a business as usual kind of week ;O)
In our homeschool this week... We have kept plugging along. We have decided to go to a 4 day a week schedule which will keep us schooling into June, but both the kiddos are for it so we will give it a try. Jackson has kept plugging along in our Reading Made Easy program and is really starting to see some words. Allison finished the Prince and the Pauper and started reading The Hobbit. I love the Hobbit she thought it would be awful, but by the second day she said she thinks it will be an adventure....Tolkein an adventure .... who would have thought :O) All of our subjects are moving along nicely. We have a nice schedule and it seems to be working for us. I really enjoy homeschooling when we hit that groove where things just work!



Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share… Patience is the thing I need most. I keep it upfront in my prayers and keep trying to set a good example for my children.



Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…We made it to the Atlanta Zoo this week which was a blast. Many many trips to Lowes to get what we needed to build the deck and stairs. Today we are headed to the library, bank, and the dump so that we will have everything done so that we can work on the deck starting Saturday morning to give it a good day!



My favorite thing this week was… Finally getting a color that we can live with in the dinning room / kitchen!



What’s working/not working for us… We are all good at the moment.



Questions/thoughts I have… I am looking for ideas for our Christmas Book / Craft a day that I am working on gathering. We plan to start the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve.



Things I’m working on… Pumpkin craft - my husband cut the wood for these, but I have not gotten started. The front door needs a new coat of paint, and I have the stuff to make a candy holder I found on line - but again need more time to finish.



I’m reading… Rebecca's Return by Jerry Eicher



I’m cooking… nothing new at the moment



I’m grateful for… my hard working husband



I’m praying for… a desire for the lost, boldness to share the gospel, my family.



A photo, video, link, or quote to share… I will leave you with a few pictures of the WILD animals we got to see......





No comments: