Instagram

Pages

bg

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Whats on our Bookshelf for Jackson


"The more you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you'll go.”
- Dr. Seuss, "I Can Read With My Eyes Shut!"


Reading has always been something my children and I enjoy. I enjoy the snuggle time on the couch with them, as well as all the places we go in a book. This past Friday September 2, 2011 Jackson got his library card. He was so proud to take out his own books on his own card. We have a great library here and really enjoy our weekly trips to the library for both movies and books.

I have been keeping a record of some of the books Jackson and I have been reading this year. I have recorded over 30 already, and these are the ones I have remembered to write down...we have read so many that sometimes I forget to write them down ;O)



  1. Hot Dog ~ by Molly Coxe

  2. Spooky Tire ~ by John Scieszka

  3. Zoom Boom Bully ~ by John Scieszka

  4. Snow Trucking ~ by John Scieszka

  5. Calling all Cars ~ by Sonia Sauder

  6. Help is on the Way ~ by Sonia Sauder

  7. The Town Mouse and the Country Mouse ~ Susanna Davidson

  8. Little Blue Truck Leads the Way ~ Alice Schertle

  9. Goodnight Sweet Butterflies ~ Bently

  10. Dino Soccer ~ Lisa Wheeler

  11. Happy Birthday Monster ~ Scott Beck

  12. Kat's Mystery Gift ~ John Scieszka

  13. Mittens ~ Lola Schaefer

  14. Follow me Mittens ~ Lola Schaefer

  15. T. Rex Troubles ~ Wrecks

  16. Biscuit's Day at the Farm ~ Alyssa Capucilli

  17. Biscuit's New Friend

  18. Biscuit goes to School

  19. Pumpkin Eye ~ Denise Fleming

  20. Tubby ~ Leslie Patricelli

  21. Potty

  22. Monster Parade ~ Shana Corey

  23. The Police Cloud ~ Christopher Niemann

  24. Biscuit & the Baby ~ Alyssa Capucilli

  25. Sometimes ~ Keith Baker

  26. The Song that Never Ends ~ Steven Banks

  27. Swamp Song ~ Helen Ketteman

  28. What does Ms. Claus Do? ~ Kate Wharton

  29. Easy Street ~ Rita Gray

  30. Red Sled ~ Patricia Thomas

  31. What do you do when a Monster says BOO ~ Hope Vestergaard

I hope to keep an running list of all that we read this year. Jack is beginning reading and sometimes can pick out words that we just went over, but I think we still have a long way to go. But Practice makes perfect!!!

No comments: